Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips Moore
The safety of you and your family is always the number one priority when you are faced with water damage. After you’ve decided whether or not it is safe to stay in your home, there are a few steps you can take until SERVPRO of Moore professionals arrive. First, turn off your electricity! After that is done, you can begin to remove excess water. This can be done by mopping and blotting the water and wiping down table top items, wood furniture etc. If the area that has been impacted has furniture with cushions, you can remove upholstery and prop these up. Try to move possessions like art, colored rugs and valuable items to a safe and dry place. While doing this, remember that wet objects can be extremely heavy, so please be careful. While these steps are helpful and important to take, once SERVPRO is onsite they will be able to take control and access the damage for you to work towards restoration.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (405) 289-9401
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.